This page is used to inform all visitors regarding LashMagic Asia Pte Ltd’s (collectively referred to as “the company”, “us”, “our” and “we”) policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”), which applies to all private organisations that collect or process personal data in Singapore, will be implemented in two phases. The first phase, which was implemented on 2 January 2014, established a Do-Not-Call (“DNC”) registry, allowing persons to opt out of telemarketing activities by registering their Singapore telephone numbers with the DNC Registry. The second phase, governing the collection use and disclosure of personal data, is scheduled to come into effect on 2 July 2014.
Personal data is any data which can be used by an organisation to identify an individual, either on its own or together with other information to which that organisation has access. It expressly excludes business contact information, e.g. as contained in a business card, unless the card is given by an individual for a personal purpose (except where business contact information is specifically referred to in the PDPA).
The PDPA comprises rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data and requires organisations to have a legitimate and reasonable purpose for their collection, use or disclosure of personal data and to obtain the informed consent of an individual prior to the collection, use or disclosure of his personal data.
Organisations must also take steps to duly verify and protect personal data collected and to remove such data when it is no longer required. Individuals must further be allowed to access and correct their personal data and to withdraw any previously provided consent.
Fundamentally, organisations must adopt and implement appropriate internal policies and practices relating to their collection, use or disclosure of personal data which are reasonable and relevant to their business needs and compliant with the provisions of the PDPA, by 2 July 2014. Organisations may continue to use personal data which has been collected before 2 July 2014 for the purposes it was collected, unless the individual has withdrawn consent. However if the purpose has changed, new consent will need to be obtained. Organisations must also appoint a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to be overall responsible for their compliance with the provisions of the PDPA.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your First Name, Last Name, NRIC, E-Mail Address, Street Address, City, Post Code, Country, Telephone Number, and Fax Number);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use “session” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact on the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to/ for:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on the present and future appointments, other products, services and/or promotions offered by the us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time by SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- send you an invitation to join our membership, events, and promotional offers;
- monitor, review, and improve treatments, products, and/or services that you currently have with us;
- maintain and improve customer relationships;
- share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for our internal audit purposes;
- share any of your Personal Data with a third party necessary for the preparation of legal documents or contract to be entered by you with us;
- share any of your Personal Data with a third party necessary for the purpose of applying and obtaining insurance policy(ies), where necessary;
- update internal records;
- registration for a user account with us;
- internal administrative purposes;
- audit and risk management purposes;
- detecting, investigating, and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to our company;
- enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our company’s obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to our business partners and affiliates that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business for joint promotions and/or contests;
- to our auditors, consultants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisers providing advice to us
- to any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where the company has a legitimate common interest;
- to data centres and/or servers located within or outside Singapore for data storage purposes;
- to payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to us in connection with your purchase of our products and/or services;
- to any provider of public utility or related services, whether or not governmental owned and/or any corporations approved and established for the provision of utility services and facilities,
- to our appointed product and/or service providers, suppliers or agents, to discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes;
- any persons, authorities or regulators to whom we are permitted or required to disclose to under the applicable laws; and/or
- the general public when you become a winner in a contest by publishing your name, photographs and other Personal Data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
(5) Accuracy of your personal data
We aim to keep all Personal Data as accurate, complete, not misleading, up-to-date and reliable as possible. Therefore, the accuracy of your Personal Data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. As such, it is a condition for us to provide the products and/or services to you that you:
- warrant and declare that all your Personal Data submitted or to be submitted to us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all respects for purposes of acquiring or using the relevant products and/or services and you have not withheld any Personal Data which may be material in any respect and that we are authorized to assume the authenticity and up datedness of the Personal Data given by you when processing the Personal Data submitted by you to us (and we are not obliged to independently verify any of such Personal Data); and
- you understand and agree to, the importance of the need to, update us as and when such Personal Data provided earlier becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, outdated or changed in any way whatsoever by contacting us at the contact details below.
- to process your purchase of any of our products and/or services;
- communicate with you;
- provide you with our products and/or services requested;
- accept and process your entry to any contest;
- update you on our latest products, services and/or promotions; and/or
- allow you to access certain sections of the Site where login is required,
and you may be required to terminate your agreement or discontinue your business relationship with us.
(7) International data transfers
Information that you provide may be transferred to countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(8) Security of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, or other similar risks, the company endeavors, where practicable, to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your Personal Data.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology via our payment provider’s website.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet.
The company cannot and does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our reasonable control.
(9) Personal Data from minors and other individuals
(10) Retention of your Personal Data
Any of your Personal Data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet the operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements of the company.
(11) Policy amendments
(12) Your rights
Subject to the exceptions provided under the PDPA, you have the right to request access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your Personal Data held by us. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the PDPA) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data (for example, requesting CARRAGHEEN BOUTIQUE PTE LTD to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
In addition, you also have the right to inform us of your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
(13) Third-party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
(14) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.